Return to Index  

Hogan Project: Take 26

April 22 2012 at 5:37 PM
Anthony  (Login Ben_Hogan_Swing_Project)

Focus is on takeaway to the top. But I did a few full swings just to see where the mechanics are right now. From takeaway to the top, things are progressing ok. Major thing that need work is my lower body; specifically the left side. It appears to get set too early. I think its outracing the upper body when going to the top. Also, you can't see from this angle, but I'm getting too upright at the top (will do a DTL analysis too). Now I haven't gotten into the transition and after, but wanted to compare what I see anyway. For that portion of the swing, I'm just doing in my mind what I think is happening, although I'll get into the details of it in next few months...........or years.

Things I notice right now:
- I don't fall towards the target during transition. (I'm intentionally just doing the HCD to the top and holding it for a second or two, then I swing around, so there is no type of falling forward momentum).
- My left arm bends from transition and thru rest of dwnswing. (No idea right now).
- My head (eyes) follows the ball. (Because I'm still want to immediately watch where the ball goes)
- My right leg/knee seems to collapse towards the target on the downswing. (No idea right now)

Respond to this message   
Responses