Return to Index  

7 months of work

July 17 2012 at 10:07 AM
Robert  (Login svensknlp)

Response to Re-found it

long story, started to re-work my game plan 2 years ago,
did lessons from local pro, increased swing and distance, but found my back likely gonna kill me.
so started over, from last december I been basically begin study the Mike Austin swing principles deep,
I applied to the range, added variation and worked trough each change with variation with deep practice and built a feedback machine. (Hit to target and tempo)

I had to find what the golf motion is about, define it, doing enough variation allowed me to remove old habits slowly and metodically. I improved steadily, then after around 7 months, things started to kick in and distance started to happen big time, tried it out, hit my PW 180yard carry in my back yard, lost the balls.
On the course a lot of adjustment has been needed as the distance increased I was faced with new club options and controlling distance and dialing in shots been my main focus lately.
My health isnt good, last competition I did started with 5 pars, became little tired, lost 6 shots in 3 holes, came back a bit in the end and overall fine result. When I get tired, I loose focus and cordination and have a hard time even to swing properly

My distance is stadily increasing with irons, the longer clubs is getting there.
Been hitting my longest drives this year and been able to go for it a lot more the few rounds I played.
People in my group started to try to hit longer also as I was outdriving them with spoon.
Last hole I played a par 5, I hit a spoon 260, 4i to right side and a 52w dead on pin, ended up short on green, didnt make the putt. My lost shots that day was from 100y and in, old habits happen from time to time when I get tired, when I am fine, the shots are all good.

Distance wise I am happy as it is atm, still some things to get right mainly dial in distances and consistency with irons.
On the 16 hole a par 3 110y to middle green, I used a 56w and hit it over the green, and I was like next time use a knock down 52w. I recall after working with local pro and hit a 7i over the green and now knowing same shot using a PW would produce the same distance, its a lot to adjust to.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement