<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Young Moe

November 19 2010 at 9:10 PM
  (Login psomers)

Wondering if I'm the only one that has never seen this swing of Moe when he was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiBX1LnOWCI&feature=related

Sure doesn't look like anything being taught as Moe's swing. Looks like legs are providing the power.
Paul

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login sagf_moderator)
Forum Owner

Probably not

November 20 2010, 3:55 PM 

That clip was included in a CBC biography of Moe a few years back but if you didn't live in Canada or got out of you way to get it you probably didn't see it. There are things fundamentally different about this swing that even Moe's swing in his middle years.

BTW - Even in his older years it looks to me like Moe's legs provide the power. If not there'd be no reason for his lower body to move in advance of his arms (which they always did). Any comments to the contrary are likely from those with interest in promoting an arm swing.

Peter

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login thinkin2)

Re: Young Moe

November 20 2010, 6:13 PM 

Hey Paul, good to hear from you and great post. This video of Moe looks like many other good pro swings. No Natural Golf or other popular SA golf swings apparent here although the camera angle may be deceiving since we all know that Moe was SA before anyone even knew what SA was. But for sure he is making all the moves from the ground up. No arm swinger in that video and, imo, no arm swinger ever with Moe. I guess because Moe was so much younger and thinner that his swing looks so much like other pro swings. Certainly a good one.

Respond to this message   

(Login psomers)

November 20 2010, 9:16 PM 

Hi Jerry. I see your post here and other forums. Turned 71 last month and my hope for good golf is fading. Mind boggling how you can love something your so terrible at.
Take Care Paul

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login thinkin2)

November 21 2010, 9:39 AM 

I can relate to that, Paul. I turned 64 recently and though I still love the game my body is rebelling. Age and too many injuries, I guess. Managing to keep the hdcp between 8-10 but have lost a fair amount of distance (not that I had that much to begin with). May be time to consider moving up to the Senior tees. Take care and keep at it. --Jerry

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Young Moe
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement