<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

LD vs PGA Details

January 4 2011 at 4:48 PM

(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Just received this press release from long Drivers of America:

"ROANOKE, TEXAS (Jan. 4, 2011) - Long drive world champions Jamie Sadlowski and Dan Boever will share the spotlight with PGA Tour stars tomorrow [Jan. 5] during the FedExCup Kick-off at the 2011 Hyundai Tournament of Champions, which launches the PGA Tour season and FedExCup race.

Sadlowski, the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship winner in 2008 and 2009, will participate in a long drive contest at the Plantation Course at Kapalua with three of the PGA Tour's biggest hitters -- Robert Garrigus, Dustin Johnson and Bubba Watson.

The power-hitting showdown will take at the 18th hole. Tees will be moved up to roughly the 500-yard range on the downhill, downwind, finishing hole in hopes one or more ofthe competitors can drive the green.
Joe Miller - World Champion
Joe Miller

"It's going to be a blast, literally, competing against the PGA Tour's big bombers," said Sadlowski, the 22-year-old Canadian sensation whose bid for a third consecutive RE/MAX world title in 2010 was cut short in the match-play semifinals by England's Joe Miller, the eventual champion.

At the conclusion of the long drive contest, Sadlowski will team with Johnson in a three-hole Pro/Celebrity Charity Challenge, which features an alternate-shot format. Other celebrity twosomes include 2010 FedExCup champion Jim Furyk and PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem; 2010 British Open champion Graeme McDowell and surfing superstar Kelly Slater.

Highlights from the long drive contest are expected to be shown during Golf Channel's live coverage of the FedExCup Kick-off on Wednesday, scheduled for 9-11pm EST.

Dan Boever, the clown prince of power golf, will get FedExCup Kick-off activities underway at Kapalua at 2pm (Hawaii time) with his repetoire of trick shots and one-liners. Boever, the 2008 RE/MAX senior world champion, has appeared at 50 PGA Tour events during a career in golf entertainment that averages roughly 75 appearances annually at corporate outings and charity tournaments.

For Sadlowski, the appearance at Kapalua will be the first of some 60 he will make around the globe during 2011.

"It's great to see Jamie and Dan, two of long drive's marquee players and proven winners, receive the kind of exposure a PGA Tour event like the Hyundai Tournament of Champions affords," said Art Sellinger, LDA's chief executive officer. "It is a testament to the growing recognition RE/MAX world champions are receiving across the board and around the world."

Added Sellinger: "I tip my cap to Mark Rolfing, Mr. Golf in Hawaii, for getting behind the long drive contest and for making it happen. And also to Adams Golf and Golf Channel for their support."

For more information on Jamie Sadlowski, browse www.jamiesadlowski.net.

For more information on Dan Boever, browse www.danboever.com.

For more information on LDA-sanctioned events, including the 2011 RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship Powered by Dick's Sporting Goods, browse www.longdrivers.com.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Steve Wiley (682) 549-2105 or
Russ Pate (817) 819-4547"

So there you have it. Crank up the DVR. It should be interesting. Sadlowski's Trackman numbers at the championship were about 145 CHS and 200+ mph ball speed. The PGA guys are 122ish. Give the PGA dudes a 50 inch driver and see if they can put more than 1 out of six in play, cause they will definitely get more club head speed, though I the more I think about it, I'm inclined to agree with Jerry...I think Sadlowski will smoke em.

kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Sadlowski 406 - Watson 354

January 6 2011, 8:13 AM 

The longest in the competition from the pro's was Watson at 370.

Garrigus put all three of his 350+ in the fairway. The PGA guys hit their regular drivers, with only Watson trying a longer one.

They asked Sadlowski about the rumor he can hit it 300 left handed...and would he like to hit one...at first he declined as he didn't want to put a mark on Watson's driver...but then Bubba said he could hit his back up driver. He duck hooked it 250!

Fun stuff

Respond to this message   

Mcirishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Shill...But Still...

January 6 2011, 3:23 PM 

Sadlowski hit a 45" driver to get that distance:

"Sadlowski added: "It felt great to reach four bills with my standard length (45") Adams 9064 Speedline driver. Having only three balls per set, as the opposed to the six balls we get at the RE/MAX world finals and at LDA Tour events, made it imperative to find the fairway.""

So he mentioned Adams, that's okay! To be accurate, it was three balls in bounds...as several were in the rough that were counted, but both of Sadlowski's 400 yard bombs were in the fairway.

Kevin

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - LD vs PGA Details
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index