<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Blueprint Student Progress

January 5 2011 at 4:08 PM

McIrishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Fellow SA member and Blueprint Student wanted to post pics of his swing up here but had trouble with the forum functionality. So I turned him on to photobucket, and uploaded one of his for a test. He's been at the Blueprint since March of 2010, and is relatively new to golf:

[linked image]

The left is current, the right earlier this year.

Definitely see some positive changes here, but he wants to see what everyone thinks. We'll see if he can get the others loaded himself!

Nice work Dan.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dan
(Login dbmff)

all this talk about trail elbow...

January 5 2011, 6:32 PM 

I've spent the last few months working with my weighted club....last week was the first time I hit golf balls in about 2 months....swing felt good, so I decided I would shoot some video when the weather would cooperate here in Chicago. We had one 50 degree day last week so I shot a few swings.....the pics on the right are from early spring the swings on the left are from last week and are just swings, no ball...so could be mis-leading, but swings didn't feel any different than at the range. I notice a lot of differences(i think good?)...besides trying to get my trail elbow past my navel during training I've also been working on "coiling" in my backswing with a bent trail leg..seems to be working. I'll post video of me actually hitting balls asap...but I think I'm becoming big believer in this method.

driver
Photobucket

7-iron
Photobucket

wedge
Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login thinkin2)

Re: all this talk about trail elbow...

January 6 2011, 9:41 AM 

What a difference, Dan. Keep up the good work. btw, have you checked your swing speed then vs now? Your swing is really looking good. Also, does anybody know of any programs like V1 for Mac for cheap or free?

Respond to this message   

(Login dbmff)

no idea....

January 6 2011, 8:16 PM 

on swing speed....last spring I hit a few balls inside at golf galaxy and I was around 100-110. I'm thinking I'm around 115-ish now. I carried 275 several times this past fall with a few crazy drives of 315-350 appearing for the first time. This March/April I'm thinking I should go get fit for clubs.

I used to be a Mac guy and couldn't find any good V1 type programs....I use my wifes desktop work computer for golf videos!

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login thinkin2)

Re: no idea....

January 7 2011, 11:03 AM 

Thanks for the info and continued success to you. I think there are some programs out there for Mac but nothing for free like V1. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Thanks again.

Respond to this message   

(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

One thing I notice is the

January 6 2011, 7:56 AM 

tilt of the shoulders. In the early pic look at how the tilt of your shoulders has stayed pretty much level, and your hips haven't rotated much at at all.

In the recent pics, you hips have rotated more, you have much more tilt in your shoulders, and of course the trail elbow is in an improved position - all these lend themselves to the improved position of the club as we see it is above parallel.

The first pic is a slap at the ball with the arms...the second is a movement through the ball with more of your body involved.

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Blueprint Student Progress
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index