<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clubs work backwards for me?

May 8 2012 at 4:56 AM
  (Login gsw)
SAGF Members 2006

I have a complete set of hybrids that have 3 weights on the sole of the club for adjusting swing weight and ball flight shapes. I started out with the clubs adjusted for a straight ball flight however I would hook all my shots. In an effort to correct the hook I moved the most weight to the toe of the clubs (weight added to the toe should cause a fade). This caused the ball to hook even worse. Out of desperation I moved the weight to the heel area of the clubs. More weight in the heel is supposed to cause hooks. When I went out to hit the clubs with the hook settings to my surprise the ball flight is a high soft fade or straight shot. With the clubs set up for a hook it is almost impossible to hook with my golf swing. Is my golf swing simply that much different than the swing that the PGA pros teach that the rules are all applied backwards? The hybrids are system Q power play with 3 weight adjustments.
Here are the clubs.http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/orderportal/catalog_presentation/by_group/0/41/0/0/0/0/0

Any club makers have any idea why these weight adjustments seem to be working backward for me.

Stan

This message has been edited by gsw on May 8, 2012 4:57 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Don M (Snowman)
(Login Snowman9000)
SAGF Members 2006

Re: Clubs work backwards for me?

May 8 2012, 12:53 PM 

In a head that is short from front to back like that, and with the weight of the clubhead compared to the movable weights, I doubt there would be much difference other than chance or placebo effect. To the extent it works on drivers, it helps that the clubhead is lighter and the weights are much farther away from the center of gravity than on your hybrids.

The bottom line is that it works for you. Maybe your golf brain senses the different balance and is altering the club face at impact.

Respond to this message   

(Login hoselwacker)
SAGF Members 2004

...no clue, but

May 8 2012, 8:36 PM 

Hello Stan!

Your weighting results don't make sense happy.gif ..but there are other things to consider...I built a set of the regular (no wts.) power play (3-pw) about 5 weeks ago...3 rounds, 5 range sessions under my belt...reshafted 'em once already, now have KBS tour stiff...

The major difference between these little hybrids and an iron...they are not flat faced...the hybrids have face bulge just like a driver...and to be honest, I haven't figured the short irons yet...

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5hyV1q1MqX3jY9TpzA9Or-hGa5UWjTbbjRmZZZKg3Tm8wHZQ9

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Clubs work backwards for me?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement