<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Video of the new Minimalist Single Plane Golf Swing

December 20 2012 at 12:13 PM
Ham  (Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Below is a link to my new Minimalist Single Plane Golf Swing. Many are aware of my and others here belief that the Minimalist Golf swing posted about on the Internet is so difficult to follow that nobody so far has been able match certain simple to follow instructions. Not one MGS player has managed to not cock their wrists as is recommended in the directions for the swing, which by the way is far from Minimalist. wink.gif

There is more info on Youtube for those who are interested. Just for your info before watch you will be allowed to cock your wrists if you like with the Minimalist Single Plane Golf swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_vX8miqpvA

Best regards,

Ham

This message has been edited by hammeredit on Dec 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

McIrishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Hahahahha

December 20 2012, 12:46 PM 

Nice swing as I said before, but you are the only one that finds the MGS instruction complex. Fereal dude!

BTW, your instruction on the pre-turn and such is messed up. wink.gif Twisting the torso isn't hard ...I show in many of my videos how easy it is! Most people don't make enough of a twist, so they don't get the benefit. Your advice to pre-turn as much as comfortable is flawed for that reason.

Again, that is a nice swing you have there, but as you have said before, you can swing with just about any method, and have demonstrated as such. You have been golfing since your youth....

BTW BTW - I have been posting for a over a year my single plane / single axis version of MGS, even demonstrating most recently a version that includes using the "old Moe" Gravves / NG set up. Nothing new here in your video.

Nice try home slice!

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
A Blueprint For Golf Excellence
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

This message has been edited by mcirishman57 on Dec 20, 2012 12:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

The only joke....

December 20 2012, 1:27 PM 

is in the way MGS is presented. The instruction if followed as taught is anything but "minimalist". If followed as taught it will also ruin one's golf swing instead of make it better. As of yet luckily nobody has accomplished the no wrist cock at the top which is an important fundamental of that swing. Isn't it strange that NOBODY can do that??? People who have improved have done so as the only part of the method that they have done is the setup. After that they just swing. Which would fit the minimalist definition. The rest of the instruction should just be tossed in the garbage pail where it belongs. wink.gif

You can twist all you like, I prefer a pre-turn as I feel it simplifies the whole concept.

My swing is NOT a version of MGS. It is a stand alone entity. The Minimalist Single Plane Golf Swing.

Best regards,

Ham

Respond to this message   

McIrishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

You have need for English lessons

December 21 2012, 4:20 PM 

because I cannot believe you are that un-intelligent.

#1 You keep saying it is bad instruction, but admit you have not read any of her work except that one page.

#2 You keep saying MGS is difficult and complex - while every other person that has opined on the subject has said the opposite.

#3 you claim knowledge of the kineticc chain and ideal bio-mechaincs for golf, but can't grasp the simple MGS addresses THE problem of most golf swings.

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Then correct my english

December 21 2012, 5:26 PM 

Please let me know where my english mistakes were made. From time to time I am known to make mistakes, but i am not sure to what you are referring.

As to the instruction from the inventor I have read her detailed information on how to perform the swing and viewed a great many videos which she has detailing her instruction. It is also quite clear that she teaches NO wrist cock at the top of the backswing, and NOBODY who claims to be doing MGS does that. She claims that is a VERY important part of the swing. HOW STRANGE. wink.gif

MGS has nothing to do with the kinetic chain ( not kineticc as you wrote....lol) and is flawed seriously in that aspect.

Now the Minimalist Single Plane golf swing is the real deal. Please stay tuned for further details. happy.gif

Ham

Respond to this message   

Mcirishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

I was wrong - you need

December 23 2012, 3:03 PM 

reading comprehension and communication remediation.

She does not ever say what you insist she is saying....even on that one little snippet of instruction you keep referring to.

I will give you a chance to recant, but if you don't you need to pour yourself a nice glass of wine and prepare to get cyber slapped - I've had enough of this! wink.gif

Kevin

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Just watch her....

December 23 2012, 3:54 PM 

and your swing demo on youtube. Both demonstrate the club pointing to ten o'clock at the top of the backswing. No wrist cock at the top. I did not write that. wink.gif

Ham

Respond to this message   

McIrishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Ham - MGS Three Ways

December 23 2012, 8:11 PM 

This video is over a year old, and I made it to address this whole issue of wrist cocking. The thing is, as I have tried ( and Sacto too), and as Mrs Kanwar says on her blog, with relaxed arms and wrists, and a normal back swing duration - the wrists will hinge/cock/set/float load/lag - whatever you choose to call it. It doesn't take 30-40 years as an instructor to discern that.

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

December 24 2012, 5:54 AM 

On the swing where you say 138 afterwards your club was pointed at one o'clock at the top of backswing. For MGS the wrists should not be cocked at the top of the backswing. In the downswing they can cock, but that is not what happened in your swing. Also a demonstration actually hitting golf balls would be a bit more telling then swinging through the air. You must have some film of your MGS swing hitting golf shots taken in the last year that you can share. Then you can show us how well the ten o'clock position at the top works. wink.gif

In trying MGS and accomplishing the no wrist cock top of swing position I got very poor results even with some wrist cocking happening in the downswing. It would work much better with just normal wrist cocking.

Best regards,

Ham

Respond to this message   

BobKy
(Premier Login bob2aa)
SAGF Members 2002

Some things never change

December 20 2012, 3:25 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Nice work!!

December 20 2012, 4:51 PM 

wink.gif

Ham

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Which...

December 21 2012, 1:43 AM 

One are you??

Respond to this message   

BobKy
(Premier Login bob2aa)
SAGF Members 2002

Unfortunately

December 21 2012, 10:03 AM 

I don't qualify to appear in the gallery of great 6/100-positon golfers.

Here you can see why I don't qualify:

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Don M (Snowman)
(Login Snowman9000)
SAGF Members 2006

Question

December 22 2012, 10:51 AM 

The swing looks good but I cannot discern much pre-turn. Would you happen to have photos of what you feel would be the non-turned setup, and the pre-turned one? Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Pre-Turn is anywhere from 10 to 40 degrees.

December 22 2012, 3:06 PM 

It is up to the individual. In the video I was between 20 and 30 degrees open. In this swing the hips are also pre-turned although less then the upper torso.

I will be posting more info in the near future.

Best regards,

Ham

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login moetion)

I don't see no stinking pre turn!!!!

December 22 2012, 4:07 PM 

I don't see no stinking pre turn? No way you were 20 degree to 30 degree open. You sir are not single plane MGS golfer.
McIrishman your dedication and my following your interpretation of the MGS swing method has helped me greatly. I have taken down my best friend in our year long competition for the first time in our ten year rivalry. He is a former collegiate golfer and has been very impressed with my MGS swing and ball striking. I have not clued him in on my new swing method. He has been grilling me for the name of the local golf instructor I have been using. Maybe after I take him down next year I will reveal My MGS secrets. Funny thing is he really does not see a mechanical difference in my swing from previous years.

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Good one...

December 26 2012, 5:15 AM 

but I have invented the Minimalist Single plane golf swing. Please do not confuse it with MGS as they are two completely different golf swings.

Best regards,

Ham

Respond to this message   

McIrishman57
(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Ham Isn't Preturned

December 23 2012, 8:32 PM 

Actually his shoulder line is pretty conventional for either a single plane or CG golf set up:

[linked image]

In his video you see his shoulders turn from his set up position.

To your question, to get the benefit the right shoulder must be behind and below the left AT ALL TIMES, thus preventing right shoulder roll. happy.gif

Here is a video of me swinging MGS using an "Old Moe" set up. :

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Respond to this message   
Ham
(Login hammeredit)
SAGF Members 2001

Sorry...

December 24 2012, 5:41 AM 

but you are not qualified as to the teaching of the Minimalist Single Plane golf swing. Most of the details have yet to be published and he was not asking about MGS. The amount of pre-turn (not twist) for the MSPGS will be determined mostly by one's anatomy. I was pre turned properly to fit my anatomy.

I will see if I have a video with better lighting to post soon which better shows the MSPGS more clearly.

Best regards,

Ham

Respond to this message   
Sacto83
(Login Sacto83)
SAGF Members 2002

Steve Stricker- Less/no wrist cock might help you.

December 22 2012, 1:17 PM 

Why less wrist cock or no wrist cock might be better for you.

I increased my clubhead speed by 6.5 mph but more importantly the smash factor jumped a ton.

http://www.golf.com/video/steve-stricker-iron-video-tip-top-100-teacher-brian-manzella

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index