Return to Index  

Someone posing as me has emailed Joe Waynick virus infected email.

November 4 2004 at 3:46 PM
Rick [I M P O S T E R]  (no login)
from IP address 209.240.205.62

I got an email from Joe Waynick today at 3:23. It's now 4:30.

Joe wrote:

This is the third or forth time I've gotten email from you infected by a virus. I got two from you today. Fortunately, my virus protection software caught them. Please clean your system as I'm sure others are having the same problem.

I am not sending out virus infected email. I have not emailed Joe Waynick in a very long time, and certainly not today. It's not possible for my system to be infected because I use a linux based webtv box with no harddrive and no system storage other than for incoming email.

Apparently, some malicious person has decided to pose as me and is emailing important cryonics people like Joe Waynick with infected email in some sort of attempt to make me look bad. It's hard to imagine why Joe thought that I would do such a thing-- unless of course, the email I got from Joe Waynick is not, in fact, from Joe Waynick. I don't know how that could be possible, because it certainly looks like Joe Waynick's email.

If you're reading this and you're that person who is posting as me-- then please don't do that. It's malicious and furthermore-- even worse than that-- useless. People can be fooled a little bit sometimes, but you can't fool everybody as often as you probably think you can. For every output you generate, your also generate data that is tracable to you-- one way or another, too. If you're not happy with something I'm writing, just say so here and we'll deal with it.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Interestingly, Joe didn't ask me if I had emailed him bad email.RickNov 4, 2004, 3:57 PM
  Joe hasconspiracyNov 4, 2004, 5:15 PM
   This is no joke.RickNov 4, 2004, 7:29 PM
    you probably send an infected emailconspiracyNov 5, 2004, 8:33 AM
     Uh-- no.RickNov 5, 2004, 4:25 PM
  VirusJoe WaynickNov 5, 2004, 9:14 AM
   Thanks for the tip, but I don't have you in my address book-- and...RickNov 5, 2004, 4:27 PM
    TO JOE: A worm has gotten into your address book and...RickNov 5, 2004, 5:26 PM
     That Also Makes SenseJoe WaynickNov 5, 2004, 5:32 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement