<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Omar Mukhtar - Lion in the Desert

April 27 2010 at 1:08 AM
No score for this post
Finious  (Login Finious)

The True Story of Omar Mukhtar and his fight against the Facist Italian army trying to take over Libya. - This movie gives you an idea of what Building Empire was like from both sides. - An amazing Movie that every human being should watch.

This man took out his Qur'an, held it, and gave an oath to Allah that he would not stop fighting the occupying oppressors even if it meant fighting them alone until victory had been attained or that he becomes a martyr. In the last twenty years of his life, he led and personally fought in 1000 battles.

When the Italian general made him a final offer to make him their puppet and be allowed to live like the other leaders of his people, he answered, "I shall not cease to fight against thee and thy people until either you leave my country or I leave my life. And I swear by Him who knows what is in men's hearts that if my and were not bound this very moment, I would fight you with my bare hands, old and broken as I am.."

It was then that the Italian general laughed and ordered him to be hung after a frontal saving face act of a mock trial. Even before the court was in session a rope outside the court house hung waiting him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8037972026870698238&hl=en-GB#docid=6099926771146427019

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement