<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Please educate this outsider

October 12 2010 at 1:21 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login tw623)

I've been reading about Croatia and the Balkans, and I find the history fascinating. Unfortuantely I can't find anything that answers the following question. From my experience it seems that "ic" is common in Croatian surnames and "vic" is common in Serbian surnames. However I can find nothing that explains the difference between the two. I can only find that they both mean "son of". Are they really the same? Am I correct that "ic" is more common among Croats and "vic" among Serbs? If so, why?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marko5
(Login Marko5)

Please educate this outsider

No score for this post
October 15 2010, 2:04 PM 

No that is incorrect assumption vic and ic are common to Serbs and Croatians. Really two are same people that have originated from deferent tribes but trough millennia have interbred so that differences are miniscule. Serbs and Croats are simply victims of east west politics. Both gropes are highly emotional and do not stop to think if propaganda that is fed to them is true before resulting to victimizing each other. If it was only possible to get the truth out of him Pontifex Maximus in Rome would be best one to ask why so much blood was spilled in the name of prince of peace.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login tw623)

Re: Please educate this outsider

No score for this post
October 15 2010, 4:20 PM 

Marko, thank you for the reply. I certainly have noticed from posts and blogs around the net that sometimes Croat/Serb relations are brotherly and other times adversary. Your view is one of the brotherly ones.

- Rick

Marko5
(Login Marko5)

Re: Please educate this outsider

No score for this post
October 16 2010, 3:43 PM 

Rick,

It would be impossible to hold a different view when you are aware that: highly organized, extremely sophisticated, merciless, diabolical outside forces are root cause of all the misery that people of Balkans have been subjected to for centuries.

After creating the horror show script writers of it pretend to be shocked by brutality of uncivilized people of Balkans. What would be really funny if it was not so sad, is how after creating the mess same forces pretend to be helping.

It is sort of like philanthropy of billionaires after robbing anyone that they possibly could and accumulating unbelievable wealth they pretend to care and as a insult to the intelligence of masses give back .0000001% of what they trough: thievery, dishonesty, deception, ruthlessness acquired.

It really would be stupid for us to blame each other for things that we did not cause.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement