Back to the Chris Craft Commander Forum

Back to the MASTER INDEX Files

BOATS and PARTS FOR SALE

This is not a commercial site, we have no financial interest of any kind with the sale of boats or parts. For you commercial yacht brokers and lurkers who are not members, this is not ebay or Craigslist and your postings are liable to vanish in the night, unless they are directly of benefit to the membership here. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. If you need any assistance, or list a phone number or email here, and your boat is sold, kindly send me an email at chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com and I'll remove the info for you. If you are a Forum Member/Participant, you are welcome to post something FOR SALE here.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1970 Lancer Premiere/ Custom Super Sport $12,900.00

October 31 2016 at 4:05 PM
Bryan  (Login Sharkblue)

I have come to realize I just don't have time to use this boat and would like for it to go to a good home.

Here is a little info on my Lancer.

Hull No. 3 of 25 built and retains the 427 showing 272 hours. This Lancer was purchased new by James Leake. The founder of Leake Classic Auto Auctions and remained on Grand Lake in Oklahoma all it's life. I do have the hull card from the Mariners Museum which I will include in the photos.

She was winterized about 3 years ago by the marina. I have not had it started up yet but has good compression. I am waiting on the Petronix parts to arrive including new coil, cap, rotor and plug wires. The spark was too weak to fire her up so I decided to order the upgrade instead of replacing the points. I am planning to install the components and have it fired up by this weekend. Original carburetor was rebuilt by a member of the forum and looks like new. I also ordered and installed a complete set of hoses including the sea water pick up hose from Henkel. The boat was repainted in the last ten years the original color. It looks decent but not perfect and the rub rail replaced but not with the correct type but an easy fix. Upholstery is in very good shape for being original with a small tear in the rubber floor covering which is still available. I believe the docking lights were added in the early 70's as they are period correct and I think look nice on it. Also includes a new full cover.

Trailer is a 2007 Prestige with less than 800 towing miles on it. We modified it to fit the boat and it tows great. Re-packed all bearings and added bearing buddies to the axles. There are less than 50 miles on them.

I hate to sell it but continuing to pay for inside storage with no time to use it doesn't make sense. If you would like additional photos please let me know.

This is a great opportunity to own a rare boat and only one of the two that I know of to retain it's 427.

Has a clear Title in my name with registration up to date until 2018. Trailers are not Titled in Oklahoma but I have the MSO for it.

Feel free to contact me at 314-348-4990

photo 20160617_182748_zpssxg0ypuv.jpg
photo 20160924_183730_zpssvl2ea5o.jpg
photo 20160924_161123_zpsj7riplny.jpg
photo 20160617_182808_zpsmiyj1vq5.jpg
photo 20160924_184202_zpsrcf2qh8e.jpg
photo 20160924_183911_zpslxa9simk.jpg
photo 20160924_184007_zpsisdkgsld.jpg
photo 20160924_183950_zpst7zg0skb.jpg
photo 20160924_161058_zpsxlqso8wy.jpg
photo 20160924_161016_zpsbwpcnnr6.jpg
photo 20160924_184651_zps6c6vxend.jpg
photo Lancer Hull Card_zpsksllusfi.jpg
photo Lancer Spec Sheet_zps3c3f1mtm.jpg

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bryan
(Login Sharkblue)

Bimini Top

November 2 2016, 10:20 PM 

I forgot to mention it does have a white bimini top and boot that goes with it as well.

Respond to this message   
Craig
(Login rancheroxl)

Paint question

November 3 2016, 11:12 PM 

Stunning boat! Do you know how much was repainted?
Deck? Cockpit? Hull?
Thanks, Craig
You are what you drive.

Respond to this message   
Bryan
(Login Sharkblue)

Painted

November 4 2016, 10:30 PM 

Craig,

I believe hull, deck and at least the dash. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Respond to this message   
Lenny
(no login)

Contact

November 6 2016, 3:38 PM 

Hi Bryan,

could you supply email or contact me djlenny.@.hotmail.com please

Respond to this message   
Bryan
(Login Sharkblue)

Contact

November 6 2016, 6:15 PM 

Lenny,

Please contact me at 314-348-4990.

Thanks,
Bryan

Respond to this message   
Bryan
(Login Sharkblue)

She's Alive!

November 6 2016, 6:14 PM 

Changed out the points to the petronix along with new cap, rotor & wires. Although the wire kit Sierra 18-88421 had extremely long wires and the coil wire not near long enough. My coil bracket looks to be in the factory position.

Anyway after changing out the electronics I couldn't get the fuel pump to prime even after running for a bit so I will assume the fuel pump needs rebuilt.

On the upside she sounds amazing with no smoke or leaks of any kind. The carb choke needs a little adjusting and she never became warm.

Without any further adieu here is the video;

https://youtu.be/S_-5y28y_8A

Respond to this message   
Bryan
(Login Sharkblue)

SOLD!

November 30 2016, 8:15 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc., makes no endorsement or warranty on anything posted for sale; any such item or boat listed for sale is done so as a service to our readership, in the interest of assisting classic boaters with their hobby. If we can assist someone in finding a boat, or in selling a boat to someone who will give it the proper care, we are happy to do so. We encourage anyone buying anthing posted on this forum to do your own homework, check the product or boat carefully, and then make your own decision regarding whether or not you belive this is a good purchase. The Forum assumes NO liability what-so-ever for anything bought or sold as a result of our attempt to assist, or or for any commentary that may have been given for the particular item.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MANY THANKS to everyone who has contributed to the information in these files. This forum will always be a work in progress. Because much of the information on the forum is not checked for accuracy, represents opinions in some cases from unknown sources, and may represent a safety or personal/financial liability if acted upon, the information in this Forum, Master Index File, and FOR SALE section is offered with the very best of intentions, but it MUST be validated by the user before being implemented for utilization. If anyone sees a link in this index that does not work, of finds any inaccuracies, please post a note and Ill try to fix it! As always, if anyone spots any copyright or intellectual property abuse, please report it to me and I will follow up with the appropriate Internet Service Provider and/or other appropriate means. Regards, all the best, Paul chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com
©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., chriscraftcommander.com. Information on this site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval.
Back to the CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM, INC.