I hate to do this...I did not buy this boat with any intention of selling it so soon. I had dreams of a restoration on this one and using it here in Northern Michigan.
I got a bit of news today that forces me to reconsider a few things financially. Combined with several other projects on my plate, I've decided to list this for sale to see if there is any interest.
I just bought it. I literally picked it up Sunday (Nov 6) and planned to clean it up and get a few maintenance things done before shrink wrapping it for the winter.
I still plan to clean things up a bit and confirm some mechanical things this week. I had the engine running last night and mechanically it appears to be fully intact and usable.
I am open to offers and will work with anyone who plans to buy and assist with transport if necessary.
- 1978 Lancer 23 Overnighter
- Marine Power/CC 350 engine
- Volvo-Penta 280 outdrive/transdrive
- Tandem axle galvanized Karavan Trailer
- Barbeau, MI (near Sault Ste. Marie)
- Hull and deck are solid
- Outdrive just rebuilt and new prop
- Good galvanized trailer, tires, etc.
- Engine runs
The not so good:
- Deck seems to have been painted at some point
- Hull has some scrapes and gouges
- Swim platform was "modified" to allow mounting a kicker motor
- Seats are in need of reupholstery
- Rear seat missing
- Exhaust manifolds have repaired freeze damage
- Cabin cushions missing
Why did I buy it?:
- Planned to use it next summer as a good day boat for taking friends and family for cruises on the St. Marys River.
- Was inspired by recent restorations of this model here on The Forum.
- Planned to learn about the VP 280 drive for a potential use in another project.
Why am I selling it?:
- Have some unexpected business expenses coming up and would like to free up the cash I have in this.
rupertjamal at yahoo dot com