The time scale is scary...

by Jalle S

Naturally the number of victims for each singular attack is smaller than the WTC attack but for those left behind by a terrorist attack I imagine (since I'm happy to not have personal experience of it) that the pain and suffering is as hard regardless of the number of causalities of the attack.

The terror of IRA and ETA and other terrorist campaigns that have lasted for a longer period, is the uncertainties, that you never know what and when it is going to happen next.

And the most scary thing is the time scale. It is so hard to put an end to these things and extreme organisations on each side remembers every wrongdoing that have taken place over the latest centuries and uses them as excuses to continue their struggle.

I think that we need to look back at the different ending of WWI and WWII and try to learn from that. After WWI, the losers where punished and it all led to WWII. Afer WWII the winners helped the losers to rebuild their community and I think that everybody has gained a lot from that.

Regards,

--jalle s

Posted on Sep 23, 2001, 12:04 PM
from IP address 213.65.232.243

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement