Over the last two years that has happened at my University (more)

by James K

Dr Alisair Duke, one of the great historians and an expert on Early Modern Dutch history, Prof Mark Stoyle the leading expert on the English Civil War and Prof Colin Platt an expert on the Black Death have been forced out and their courses cut in favour of femail mostly European lecturers who offer such courses as the "Expanding role of Feminist thought in France during the revoloutanary period" and "making men redundant: the role and influence of lesbianism in modern industrialised society".
In short the whole place has been taken over by lefties, there are still some good courses on offer but historical objectivity has been overtaken by PC rubbish.
The officer Training Corps has been banned from recruiting at the Freshers fair, because it upset the sensibilities of both the Gay and Lesbian league and the Black and Asian student fellowship.
I loved University, it has been the best ime of my life, but that was due in part to the freedom of thought and exchange of views and ideas. University for this years intake will be like living in a totalitarian regieme.
Regards James K

Posted on Nov 17, 2001, 4:45 AM
from IP address 213.1.66.169

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement