Thats the ones,I liked them (more)

by James K

- certainly better than the later, rather orrid, MRE.
Rations vary according to nation, did you know that the old Fench 1950's rations had one menu for christians another for muslims, the difference was that muslim rations had no toilet paper!
Argentine rations differed according to rank, officers got a small bottle of spirits, NCO's didnt and soldiers didnt get sweets.
German rations are a veritable feast but created according to some rather unusual tastes. Danish ones are good as are the dehydrated Norge ration. Aussie ration packs are good but based on the US style individual meal rather than 24 hours worth of food as we Brits use.
I like our 24 hour Boil in the Bag rats and knowing how everyone else goes for them they are probably about the best, lots of goodies, Oatmeal blocks, treacle pudding and burgers, bacon and beans being my favorites. But the cost has led to their partial relacement by trained rats, er sorry training rats which are naff a tin of Spam and a packet of noodles and no decent brew kit either.
Regards James K

Posted on Nov 18, 2001, 10:29 AM
from IP address 62.7.112.16

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement