In the past on Unplugged we've had various discussions on leather jackets regarding this leather vs. that leather, and this maufacturer vs. that one, but I'd be interested in seeing a discussion on leather flight jacket designs.
So to get things rolling, a few opening volleys:
1. What were/are the virtues of leather flight jackets in the cockpit, and of what use are they outside of the cockpit for the non-pilot (besides trying to look cool)?
2. A2 vs. G1 vs ...?
3. What is your favourite design and why?
4. Any "secret" or lesser known flight jacket designs worth looking into?
5. Current issue designs vs early designs?
5. Any info/opinion on those curious blue/grey Flight Jacket's from France? (these have caught my eye of late)
Posted on Nov 22, 2001, 12:25 PM from IP address 188.8.131.52