Do you remember where you were? (more)

by ELRRP

Dear Eddie:

There are seminal historical moments we don't forget, such as the Sputnik launch, Kennnedy assasination etc. Your remarks popped a memory bubble for me. I was in the beginning of my first tour in RVN when the landing occured. We (our LRRP team) had our photo taken surreptitiously while listening to a transistor on the helo pad prior to an insertion. Much to our chagrin it was published on the AP wire. So much for being a military secret! As it turned out, I didn't get to see an actual landing live until I was seperated from the service over two years later. What I reallly wanted to say though was that I completely agree with you about some folks seeming to make careers out of rumours, urban myths, conspiracy theories and revised history. It really wouldn't be much of a problem if it was taken as simple entertainment, but the difficulty is most people take such reporting as fact with little thought or analysis as to its veracity. Ouch!

Posted on Mar 24, 2001, 5:28 PM
from IP address 205.188.196.58

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement