OT - parts washer fluid recommendations, pleaseApril 27 2012 at 12:51 PM
torktek (Login TORKTEK)
I just purchased the best 50- used 20 gal. parts washer I could find.... Actually it is fairly clean and almost new looking. The pump internals look to be plastic (impeller). So Berrymans may not work, nor will any of the old school flammable solvents... Anyone have a good recommendation for cleaning fluid. I guess I could deal with the flammability of mineral spirits.. Would rather it be something non-flammable. I am hoping it will be something that will remove baked on grease from.. say .. old rocker arms, shafts and stands after a good soaking or even immeadiately. I guess this means aluminum safe if possible. I may be between a rock and a hard place, if the acids and the solvents attack the plastics and the strong detergents, like purple stuff, attack the aluminum. Maybe I should refit a marine grade bilge pump into it or something made of stainless if I want to get stronger fluid... Help me understand what I am looking for please.
Building FE's is enjoyable, cleaning them beforehand is not...
- I'm sure ... - Mike Gaffney on Apr 27, 2012, 1:19 PM
- Simple Green has a "new"(?) cleaner ... - Dr. Mabuse on Apr 27, 2012, 2:44 PM
- The one parts washer - Jesse Coursen on Apr 27, 2012, 5:02 PM
- Dry Cleaning Solvent - Button on Apr 27, 2012, 5:36 PM
- Sounds like I need to find some samples of each and try it - torktek on Apr 27, 2012, 11:38 PM
- Speaking from experience... - Aloha Robert on Apr 28, 2012, 1:53 AM