Non Ford FE'sMay 15 2012 at 7:46 AM
|Levibrandon (Login levibrandon)|
I understand the frustration that most of you guys feel when you see an original FE car that has undergone a non-ford engine swap. for Example- A chevy 396 powered 64 Galaxie. Even though it may have been done very well it almost seems to be considered sacreligious.
Now, let's go the other way............do any of you have or have any of you ever put a FE into something other than an original FE vehicle? I think boats are fairly popular items to stick an FE into. And that story yesterday (in the photos section i think) about the guy that has been collecting ford stuff for years in his 100'x100' shops mentions an FE powered wood chipper......that's pretty cool.
The reason that I thought of this was because yesterday I saw a 1966 chevy truck with a 390 under the hood. I would imagine that some of you have a pretty cool vehicle that you have made FE powered so let's hear about it!
Dayton, Nevada, USA
1965 F100 Longbed Flareside
2004 Excursion- 6" Lift, Magnaflow. Wife's
2004 F-250 Crew-cab. 6.0l dsl. Tuned
- Re: Non Ford FE's - ScottR on May 15, 2012, 8:28 AM
- That's - Levibrandon on May 15, 2012, 9:23 AM
- There are a few... - RJP on May 15, 2012, 9:35 AM
- Back-up Engine for Tram - Glen on May 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
- Old switcher - BattlestarGalactic on May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
- FE powered - fordsel on May 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
- Non-Ford FE's - hercamer on May 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
- Jaguar - Bob J on May 15, 2012, 1:12 PM
- We were at a ford fun weekend - Phil63 on May 15, 2012, 2:03 PM
- I saw a 406 in a VW at the Autorama in Detroit (only one I ever went to) and.............. - Rod C on May 15, 2012, 3:29 PM
- There were a lot of oil well pumpjacks around here - S. Douglas on May 15, 2012, 6:57 PM
- 427 Corvette - Mike Anderson on May 15, 2012, 8:07 PM
- VETTE - joe on May 16, 2012, 1:05 AM