Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Cracked Head...When will this end!?

June 17 2012 at 4:32 PM
Graeme Anderson  (Login rhinosoft)
Members

Hi,

back with another saga, 3rd rebuild and the engine started using heaps of water (3 litres for each 80 miles) and steam pouring out exhaust like a friggin' ancient steam train!

Engine builder is useless, keeps telling me that he will be around to help me fix it but never shows up. I have decided that I will work on this myself and wonder if anyone can offer any advice to a couple of questions? The engine is newly rebuilt, less than 1000 miles.

Q1. see the first image below, it is of #2 intake, it has heaps of crud, a mixture of water and oil and fuel I guess, really thick. This same mess has migrated into the intake manifold but not too far, I have cleaned a lot out. If the head is cracked in this area, what chance have I of getting it repaired?

Q2. there is lots of caramel in the valve covers, valley, intake underside but oil looks ok for now. Should I, once the engine is running again flush it a few times with cheap oil or should I flush it now with kerosene or something else? I don't want it to rust out much more!

Head
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Valve cover

Ugly mess in head

thanks fella's

Graeme

Respond to this message   
Responses