Realistic power from a "mild" build please adviseJune 17 2012 at 4:52 PM
|Anonymous (Login zukinut)|
So my 68 f350 is getting a new to me 390. I plan on later swapping to a cummins diesel since this trucks only purpose in life is to pull my rockcrawler.
I should say I planned on puttin in a cummins. After spending some time on this forum I see that a fe can make some good power.
So, what kind of realistic power can one get from a 390 in the way of serious torque and reliability. I say mild as I would like to reuse my c8ae-h heads and I have to keep the compression numbers down for towing. Also what kind of fuel mileage, please don't laugh to hard.
The diesel swap will cost about 5500 once I find an engine and have it rebuilt. So I would have about that much to spend on the 390
Thanks again for all the help and advice.
- $3000.00 should get you - Charles Logsdon on Jun 17, 2012, 5:11 PM
- Car Craft article - michael on Jun 17, 2012, 7:01 PM
- the recipe - e. philpott on Jun 17, 2012, 7:33 PM
- Re: Realistic power from a "mild" build please advise - Anonymous on Jun 17, 2012, 8:52 PM
- Re: Realistic power from a "mild" build please advise - Rob on Jun 17, 2012, 9:35 PM
- Budget - Ross on Jun 18, 2012, 4:48 AM
- 460 suck the fuel down like no tomorrow too!~ - Wes Adams Ford428CJ on Jun 18, 2012, 6:38 AM