Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

OT in the market for 460 stroker rods

June 26 2012 at 3:28 PM

Darin  (Login 427fordman)
Members

Sorry for the off topic guys, but this is the only engine forum I belong to and I value your opinions. I want to get some new connecting rods for my 514. When I bought the disassembled shortblock 7-8 years ago, it came with eagle h-beams. I've put a LOT of runs on them. I had one go out of round on the pin end at one time, heard the knock and replaced it. Otherwise they have been good to me.

I guess what I'd like to know is what you'd recommend. The eagle's have treated me well, but I've heard of some of the bad stories on here. I've looked at the eagle's rated for 1200hp for 490 bucks, another set for 750 hp for the same cost, just different bolts and materials if I remember right, and the scat rods for 570ish. I have no problem switching to scat if you guys think they are better rods. I've been giving it quite a bit of thought, but would like some more input. Not a high rpm motor, 6500 max. Dyno'd at 850hp, but that was at 7k, and I shift at 6500 so probably only using 750 or so of the hp. I do run a dry sump on this motor, not that it really matters on this decision.

Thanks for the advice
Darin

This message has been edited by 427fordman on Jun 26, 2012 3:28 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses