Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Yes Learning FE 's

August 7 2012 at 7:48 PM
  (Login fast68gt)
Members

Response to What cam? Etc.

Its a Pretty Stock rebuild 1968 mustang 390GT bored 030. cast flat tops with eyebrows ( already bored ) i put new hasting moly ring set. rods rebuilt crank cut 010. all new bearings new pump . heads are C8AE H . rebuilt new CJ valves, the new springs are much stiffer than the ones that came off heads were milled .010 .. clevite ball & cup pushrods stock lenth , stock ford adjustable rockers, edelbrock performer 390 aluminum intake with a 1inch 4 hole spacer ( it was cheap used better than the cast iron ) The Carb is a 750 cfm edelbrock , the timing gears are a S396 T / HS-321 they are installed stright up dot to dot . the profile of the cam is unknown , however i dialindicated the lift at the lifter it was .287 X the rocker arm ratio of 1.76 = .505 lift. its a pretty smooth idle . it is not a ford cam ,so i cant find a way to identify it ..the distributor is a C7af 12127. dwell is about 28 deg . timing is base set at 6btdc , it hasnt been curved or reworked i think it has too much advance with the vaccuum ( i am looking into that recurving ) For break in purposes i have the cast iron manifolds on it . i have a set of FPA headers to go on soon . i am running sunoco 93 octane the plugs are autolite 45s gapped stock . . i am thinking of going to maybe a pertronix or duraspark someday . i am currently about 1000 ft above sea level . im looking for a good toqure motor not a hi rpm screaming kind . thanks for reading my long boring post hahah Thanks Jeff

Respond to this message   
Responses