rear main side sealsAugust 11 2012 at 10:31 AM
|BOB (Login blueovalbob)|
Project #2 for today will be to replace the rear main side seals on my 416. Machinist assembled short block. One side looks questionable. The instructions say to soak in oil before installation I'm sure to swell the seals up. The machinist used sealer (right stuff I think). What tends to give best results sealer or oil.
- I trim them to fit - BattlestarGalactic on Aug 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
- me too - Tom on Aug 11, 2012, 2:27 PM
- I usually - Darin on Aug 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
- One of our customers did a "study" - Barry R on Aug 12, 2012, 3:57 AM
- The ROL brand seals fit much better.... - Jim on Aug 12, 2012, 4:46 AM