Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Drag Week 2016 Cougar Time Slips

September 17 2016 at 6:30 PM
Scott Miller  (Login fecougar)
Members

I wanted to thank Blair Patrick for building a dependable motor, Joel on Joy for building a solid C4, Eugene Holderfield as a great trunk monkey, and mostly my dad Jack who puts everything together.

The engine never had one problem. This motor has two years worth of drag week, that is over 2000 miles and 12 passes. The engine temp reached a max of 195 through rush hour traffic, the transmission reached 205, but both always performed perfectly. Most of my trip the engine runs at 180 and the transmission is 190. I run a 4.56 gear and I cruise at 55 mph running 3000 rpm down the road. During this years Drag Week I had to shift from 1st to 2nd gear around 6000rpm to keep the front end down, then 7000 between 2nd and 3rd. Then about 100' feet before the finish line I would hit my 8000 rpm rev limiter and let off. I have a trans brake but have only ever tried it once and the track couldn't hold it. All the other runs are foot brake. The car with me in it weighs 3300lbs.

I am the left lane of the time slips. Can't wait until next year. The goal is to run low 8.90's. So with some more weight out of the car, suspension tuning, maybe a gear change we can get there.

[linked image]
[linked image]
Scott Miller

Respond to this message   
Responses