Drag Week 2016 Cougar Time SlipsSeptember 17 2016 at 6:30 PM
|Scott Miller (Login fecougar)|
I wanted to thank Blair Patrick for building a dependable motor, Joel on Joy for building a solid C4, Eugene Holderfield as a great trunk monkey, and mostly my dad Jack who puts everything together.
The engine never had one problem. This motor has two years worth of drag week, that is over 2000 miles and 12 passes. The engine temp reached a max of 195 through rush hour traffic, the transmission reached 205, but both always performed perfectly. Most of my trip the engine runs at 180 and the transmission is 190. I run a 4.56 gear and I cruise at 55 mph running 3000 rpm down the road. During this years Drag Week I had to shift from 1st to 2nd gear around 6000rpm to keep the front end down, then 7000 between 2nd and 3rd. Then about 100' feet before the finish line I would hit my 8000 rpm rev limiter and let off. I have a trans brake but have only ever tried it once and the track couldn't hold it. All the other runs are foot brake. The car with me in it weighs 3300lbs.
I am the left lane of the time slips. Can't wait until next year. The goal is to run low 8.90's. So with some more weight out of the car, suspension tuning, maybe a gear change we can get there.
- Dyno Sheet - Scott Miller on Sep 17, 2016, 6:37 PM
- Check point and wheely photo - Scott Miller on Sep 17, 2016, 6:39 PM
- Avg oil pressure: 117psi........n/m - RodC on Sep 17, 2016, 8:45 PM
- That's awesome!! - Dave Walters on Sep 18, 2016, 5:33 AM
- Scott. What size rear tire are you running? - Jim carlson on Sep 18, 2016, 7:06 AM
- Tire Size - Scott Miller on Sep 18, 2016, 7:09 AM
- The real deal... - doug smith on Sep 18, 2016, 10:11 AM
- A real pleasure to be involved...... - Blair Patrick on Sep 17, 2016, 8:55 PM
- Re: Drag Week 2016 Cougar Time Slips - Marc H on Sep 17, 2016, 10:13 PM
- Very Impressive... - DaleP on Sep 17, 2016, 11:12 PM
- Congrats! - KevinE on Sep 18, 2016, 3:43 AM
- Very nice numbers! - Darin on Sep 18, 2016, 4:12 AM
- Super impressive! What gear would you run if you changed it now? - paulie on Sep 18, 2016, 4:13 AM
- Great showing all around, kudos! - XR7 on Sep 18, 2016, 8:45 AM
- great job guy's - e.philpott on Sep 18, 2016, 9:06 AM
- Guess I have to be the critic... - Tommy-T on Sep 18, 2016, 11:43 AM