Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Two!

April 17 2017 at 5:27 AM
Lou Manglass  (Login LouManglass)
Members

Response to OT, but do any of you guys believe, or have owned a "cursed" car? Let me explain..........

I owned a 1968 Olds Cutlass which seemed to be a damage magnet. Practically every time I parked it in a public parking lot, where I couldn't park it off by itself, I would return to find another ding, nick, or dent.

Then there was the 1975 T-Bird. I called it my "weekend car" because it seemed like I had to work on it all week to drive it on the weekend. It was full of strange maladies that I just never saw on these cars: failed rocker arms, broken/bent pushrods, the alternator failed minutes before leaving on a 1,000 mile road trip, and the rear end broke in half! The 9 3/8" housing split where the axle tube went in. I've never seen that before or since. We won't even talk about all the electrical problems, they were normal for a Ford of that era. Fortunately, I owned a shop at the time. I sold it to a friend of mine (against my better judgement but at his insistence) and the weird problems continued...

Yet, I still drive Fords even though I'm retired from General Motors! What is wrong with me?

Lou

Respond to this message