Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

410 camshaft recommendation

April 17 2017 at 8:21 PM
Robby  (Login Forddude)
Members

Hi FE world. Just wondering what cam you all think I should use. Its a 410 .030 over forged trw piston passenger car nothing special piston other than forged. The heads are non ported C4AE with cobra jet valves. Performer intake and holley 750 vacuum. 67 mustang street car C6 trans with about 2000 2500 rpm stall converter 3.50 gears and 26 inch tall rear tire. The heads are set up for .550 max lift. he has the ebay junk roller rocker setup( I know don't use them) but its what he is stuck on ??? It will be a hydraulic flat tappet cam and will get some good pushrods. He was thinking comp 280h. but maybe a little something more??? No power brakes thankfully. It will have hooker super comp street headers on it. I suggested bullet or isky for a cam. Does anyone have a well known cam that sounds good and pulls hard for this hotrod? Nothing to crazy radical and really don't want any of the thumper cams just to many copy cats out there lol. Well anyway thanks in advance all. P.S. I almost have the 482 s.o. back together to put on the run in stand to test the oil pressure again.

This message has been edited by Forddude on Apr 17, 2017 8:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses