Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Rubber floor covering Idea Ive been considering

April 19 2017 at 5:25 AM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to I like the vinyl/carpet blend, thanks. n/m

I really like the rubber floor covering that the police cars and some trucks had, but know availability can be an issue.

Between the magic paint/spray on rubber stuff they sell on TV to make a boat out of a screen door and the various rubberized bed liner products, I have thought I could use some type of fabric base fitted to the floor that is then brushed (less mess) with rubber stuff. Once it sets and takes a shape, it could be removed and sprayed out of the vehicle if a more pebble-type texture is desired.

I would line the floor with wax paper, craft paper or similar so the jute, canvas, whatever fabric & rubber doesn't stick to the floor. Pretty simple to make a few tucks or overlapped pieces to get a tight fit before the rubber is applied. Laying open weave jute over a tighter fabric may help with create a more desirable surface texture.

This was a plan for my red car, before I found great original carpet... It would be a great way to do the open floor of a rear seat delete imho.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message