Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

66 Cyclone rare (?) hood questions

April 19 2017 at 10:55 AM
Loren   (Login Jigsaw66)
Members

I posted about this hood quite some time ago but since then I have finally got to the point I need some info. It is a "Ram Air" fully functional twin scoop hood, that I believed was a race hood from Ford that was produced for racing only. Racers quit using it as it was heavier than the stock non-functional hood. Recently I came across a Car Craft article (2014) about a fellow in the Seattle area whose name is Shawn Carlson, who has the exact same hood on his 66. He apparantly got his hood from the Bud Moore racing team at some point, which makes the Ford racing theory a little weak. The hood I have has been modified by someone, who extended the scoops to the front of the hood, to make it look like a 65 Cyclone hood. I would like to use this hood on my GT, but I need some pictures to put it back to the way it was before modifications were made. The front underside of the hood has also been modified. I'm hoping someone has knowledge of these hoods or some pics. I have sent some emails to people in the Seattle area to try and get contact info for Shawn but have been unsuccessful so far.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....Loren

Respond to this message   
Responses