Yes but that's a tad different...April 19 2017 at 12:33 PM
|Dan (Login 32bantam)|
Response to NHRA SS/A Record is an FE
It's awesome seeing the FE guys win...but that's a highly modified extreme case in a money is no object field. It speaks volumes about the guys behind these engines and chassis combos too. It means they put in thier time to be the best going farther than the guys they beat.
Similar effort, similar cost you're never going to see higher numbers from the FE. Then again in a pros hands is way different than a guy with a socket set hoping to best his buddy at test and tune night.
Personally I'm at the point of swapping in the 347 I have in my Ranger to try to beat little brother's driveway built 454 ironically in his 57 Chevy truck. He's going to laugh win or loose...I can hear it now. "How much did that cost"? Lol
You build old Fords and FEs because you like them...if you can beat the Chevy up the block, great. Just know he has it way easier if he decides to step things up.
- Rather have an FE anyday - Byron W on Apr 19, 2017, 12:38 PM
- Not at all... - doug smith on Apr 19, 2017, 3:04 PM
- Well said, N/M - 6667fan on Apr 19, 2017, 6:09 PM
- Dan, you've got to remember he is running against other "highly modified extreme".. - Mike U. on Apr 20, 2017, 2:01 PM
- Re: Yes, but that's a tad different. - Larry H on Apr 25, 2017, 12:10 PM