Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Hood in question

April 19 2017 at 1:34 PM
Greg  (Login mycyclone)
Members

Response to 66 Cyclone rare (?) hood questions

Loren
From the information that I have on the hood that you speak of, it was an option that could have been purchased over the counter in 66. This along with many other options where listed in the performance tri-fold hand out from Mercury for the folks that were setting their cars up to run C-stock. The openings were a little larger then the factory hood, but were in the same location, you would have also gotten an lower adaptor air filter plate to seal to the underside of the hood.

From everything that I have learned, these are EXTREMLY rare. I have chased down many leads to come up empty handed each time. Crites is making (or did make) an aftermarket hood that looked very close to the original. I did purchase one of them, just still undecided though if I want to invest the money in making it straight to fit hood opening (trim piece does not fit very well that goes across the front).

It would be helpful if you could post a picture of the underside, and I could compare to the pictures I have of the original to see if it is a real deal as many tried to cut out the steal support and make their own.

Greg

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Photos - Loren on Apr 19, 2017, 4:31 PM
  •  
  • pics below - Loren on Apr 19, 2017, 8:01 PM
  •