If you are setting up a 9" chunk to put in your car for long tripsApril 19 2017 at 3:26 PM
|Bill Ballinger (Login 65billgal)|
How does a 3.25 Galaxie rear stack up against a 3.00 or a 3.50? I have 4.33's that are in it now, but if we wanted to drive to a car show we could put a 3.25 in and swap in the 4.33s if we plan to race. Its just a peg leg in good shape. 28 spline like the 3.00.
How is the pinion to ring gear size come out as far as size ratio and mesh? A 3.00 seems to have a small pinion, and a 3.25 from memory seems to be a good robust ring and pinion.
Any opinions? I have both. I don't really want a 3.50 or a 3.70 on a highway trip, and taller than 3.00 is too tall, so a 3.25 seems to make sense to have for the road and the 4.33 for running rounds. Ideas?
|This message has been edited by 65billgal on Apr 19, 2017 5:36 PM|
- I think on a 9" the tooth count is 39 for both on the ring and 13 for 3.00 and 12 for 3.25 - Bill Ballinger on Apr 19, 2017, 4:48 PM
- Run 325 - Pete on Apr 19, 2017, 7:01 PM
- I think TomP said he has a 3.10 in his '61 wagon. - EricD on Apr 20, 2017, 7:01 AM
- Gearing - Ric G. on Apr 20, 2017, 7:22 AM
- When I bought.... - Cammerfe on Apr 20, 2017, 8:49 AM
- Bill, I used the exact convertor that you have in my Cougar with 3.25 gears. - paulie on Apr 20, 2017, 4:04 PM
- What has to be changed and how to make an F-100 p'kin go in a Galaxie? - Bill Ballinger on Apr 21, 2017, 5:01 AM
- Try this - StarlinerRon on Apr 22, 2017, 7:35 PM