What to charge for enclosed transport?May 16 2017 at 6:19 AM
|kleandan (Login kleandan)|
Hey guys, I have been asked to deliver a vehicle using my enclosed trailer.
The job would be about 7 hours drive one way.
This is not a friend I am delivering for so it is just a convenient delivery for the vehicle.
I have already talked to the vehicle owner about transport companies that can do this much cheaper than I can...and he knows about them already.
This delivery would benefit him with not having to come here to inspect the vehicle via airplane, by getting the vehicle to him as quickly as possible while providing careful enclosed transport this weekend.
I am also wondering if doing this places me in some "other" category for transport such as full commercial.
I have all paperwork for the vehicle so I could easily be inspected and found to be just a guy transporting his own car without question, but still, rules may hamstring this helpful effort.
If it matters I will be in both MN and WI only.
Thanks for any and all helpful input.
- No help here, but don't forget to consider liability and insurance problems if an accident - runthatjunk on May 16, 2017, 6:28 AM
- Transport - Falcon67 on May 16, 2017, 6:29 AM
- Input - Button on May 16, 2017, 6:49 AM
- Avoid the DOT - Brian on May 16, 2017, 9:59 AM
- I will not be hauling this car. - kleandan on May 16, 2017, 1:04 PM
- Unless Your 26,001 lbs You Won't Need Any Special Permits - Chris McAlpine on May 16, 2017, 9:02 PM
- I talked directly to the source. Pretty definitive. - kleandan on May 17, 2017, 8:37 AM
- Transport - mike7570 on May 17, 2017, 12:57 PM