Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Input

May 16 2017 at 6:49 AM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to What to charge for enclosed transport?

I plan to pay $2.50-$4.00/mile for one way dedicated haul for my projects and about half that much when scheduling roundtrip runs. When some jobs go ltl with enclosed, it tends to run towards the higher price. Special big jobs are priced differently. These are professional transporters with all the proper credentials.

If it is not your personal property, registration, insurance and DOT issues are nothing to be taken lightly. There's no problem as long as there's no problems. Multiple former providers no longer carry for me because of stricter enforcement.

Not clear about all the details of your involvement. Having him forego an in-person inspection of the vehicle (buying it on your or another's evaluation alone?)and paying more to have a non-business provider carry it makes me wonder why. Claims against an individual might be easier than the same made against a profesessional transporter. Is the "not a friend" an autocorrect or is he actually not a friend? Be careful.
[linked image]

1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses