What would you use to get tape residue off of painted fiberglass?May 16 2017 at 4:37 PM
Mike U. (Login mtrain)
When I was fitting the top on my Cobra I used paint masking tape so I wouldn't scratch the paint on the car's body.
I'm pretty much finished with fitting the top, and I've already painted it [I even got all of the LaMans strips to align].
So now I'm left with that dang residue from the tape, and I don't want to screw up the paint trying to get it off.
Any idea's, thanks.
Oh, and the paint is Dupont Chroma base urethane clear, if that makes any difference........
- Goof Off - Inthegarge on May 16, 2017, 5:04 PM
- WD-40. - Gerry on May 16, 2017, 5:29 PM
- Alot depends on how long the paint has "cured" - FERoadster on May 16, 2017, 5:56 PM
- Tape Residue - Wax & grease remover/Mineral Spirits - John on May 17, 2017, 7:55 AM
- ppg dx330 n/m - eric on May 17, 2017, 8:05 AM
- body shop eraser wheel. - howard on May 18, 2017, 1:36 PM