Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Yup Chris....

May 17 2017 at 10:42 AM
Randy  (Login 161854)
Members

Response to Keep A Couple Of Things In Mind

Things have changed recently. I have an F350 "box truck" car hauler ( Oleynik body). About five years ago the CHP began pulling over trucks in the 10,000 GVW range for not having "weight stickers" . These are done in the various maximum weights for the vehicle. In my case I have a "15" sticker. To keep from being fined for not having it , I went to the DMV and got them for each side of the truck and stuck them in the specified area. I have to pay MORE now and can only renew at the DMV because of the small stickers that have to be added to the "15" sticker. I do not have a CDL because I am not a "comercial enterprise". I haul my own car to "car shows" ( often held at the drag strip LOL) only. My truck has no lettering on the sides. "Technically" I should go through the scales , but have stopped after the officers waved me through so many times like I was bothering them. There is a real gray area in my situation on DOT numbers or not having them. I have gone without until the Gestapo says I have to have them. I am sure it is only a matter of time. This is all in California , some states are far worse.

This message has been edited by 161854 on May 17, 2017 10:46 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses