Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

2017 Excellent Adventure

May 18 2017 at 8:21 PM

Don Fotti  (Login DonFotti)
Members

Next stop on this year's world tour is NMCA race in Bowling Green Kentucky this weekend. As per usual I was first in line to get in the gate. I found that they had promised my favorite pit spot to some nitrous pro street car as well as the spots where my friends pitted so I moved us all to what is now called "Fotti's Island". 3 of the 4 of those nitrous pro street guys have yet to show up so it is irritating to be ousted from our favorite spot for people that may never show up.

There was a test and tune from 1pm to 6pm and my first pass was an 11.60 on my 11.50 index but it seemed a little sluggish for the first 1/8th mile and cleaned out for the last part of the pass. I promptly made another pass at 11.51 and a third pass at 11.41. Then I let it cool a little and when it got to be 90 degrees out I made another pass at 11.44. So I thought I would slow it down by early shifting by 300 rpm. It ran 11.37 in 92 degree heat so I guess my 2/3 throttle does not work as usual when the temp is that high.

The weather forecast is for rain all weekend and a possible Monday run off so I am pretty happy that we have a nice motor home to watch movies in while it rains. LOL
1334104618-0.jpg?r=tmustangsig.jpg

Don Fotti
1968 1/2 428 CobraJet Mustang
2009 Mustang GT
38 foot Diesel pusher motorhome
26 foot Pace American trailer
plus 3 other Fords

Respond to this message   
Responses