O/T..rejuvenating drag slicks?June 15 2017 at 6:43 AM
|jim carlson (Login jbcarlson)|
I've been racing for about 25 years. Typically I go to 5 or so races per year with between 3 to 6 passes per race. I get really good life out of my 9 inch slicks on the Fairlane. I would say around 5 seasons. My latest slicks are from Hoosier and I purchased them 2 years ago. There is plenty of tire left as the holes are very deep. Normally I use Mickey Thompson, and the previous set to the Hoosier were Firestone (now Phoenix?). I've never had a problem with traction. Usually just purchase new slicks when the holes are disappearing.
Now I'm having all kinds of traction issues. It started last year and is getting worse. I had a buddy watch my burnout Tuesday and there is no smoke. The slicks aren't even sticky when I get back after a pass. My normal burnouts are not excessive, so I know I haven't burned them up.
Are Hoosiers prone to this? Can I use a compound to get back my traction? I've heard of guys doing this. What is used that works? I'm looking for a shortcut since time is short as I have a race June 24/25.
- Forumla V - Bill on Jun 15, 2017, 7:44 AM
- Sticky Situation Help - Dennis on Jun 15, 2017, 8:37 AM
- They might be too far heat cycled. - Dave Walters on Jun 15, 2017, 9:01 AM
- Two years not bad - Falcon67 on Jun 15, 2017, 2:49 PM
- Thanks everyone, I've decided to try PJ1... - jim carlson on Jun 16, 2017, 2:03 PM
- Depends on how serious you are - Tim on Jun 16, 2017, 4:18 PM
- Please post your results - DaleP on Jun 16, 2017, 10:17 PM