Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Mine with an F date code came from a Ford Wagom

June 16 2017 at 5:27 PM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to C7me-a 428 block I'd help.

Bought it for my old white car to build as a 428 PI- C7ME-A that was a complete shortblock supposedly just pulled from a 67 Q code station wagon per my request for a late 67 model year date block to build. It was triple webbed, 4.13 std bore with crank and small bolt rods. Came from Roger(iirc) from Uncle Walt's Ford parts in Christiansburg, VA and they were always straight shooters when we dealt with them. This was back in the 80's.

Met him in Charlotte to pick it up. I stood on top of a Boss 429 that was next to it in the back of his truck while looking it over before I took it... very cool.

My current early 67 Q code Galaxie, ordered in Aug 66 per marti report with date codes all consistent, has a plain 2 web C6ME-A block, which appears to be original. So not sure if the wagon detail had anything to do with having triple webs, if it was just one of those things that happens to keep the line moving, tendency of later C7ME-A to be triple webbed in general, special ordered or ??
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses