Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Crown Vic front end

June 18 2017 at 7:58 PM
Jim  (Login FormerlyCyclonic66)
Members

Response to Interested in what you think.. also, interested in what your doing to ...

I'm installing the front crossmember and complete front suspension out of a 2007 Crown Vic. For those that don't know, it's a very popular conversion. When Ford redesigned the Crown Vic for the last time, they designed the complete front end to bolt in - very much like a Mustang II front end. The crossmember is cast aluminum and houses the springs, shocks, A-arms, steering rack, sway bar...and it bolts in.

The dent side trucks (67-72), happen to share the frame width dimensions with that series of Crown Vic /Grand Marquis/ Town Car. There are hundreds of examples of guys who have done this conversion and now an aftermarket of sorts has developed to modify the crossmember for a ton of other vehicles too.

It lowers the truck (not why I'm doing it) and provides a cheap upgrade to large power disk brakes, power steering, and much improved handling for a 2WD truck. I had a local yard pull it and drop it in the bed of my truck for $300.

Respond to this message   
Responses