Return to Index
O/T. Is this Ford pinion gear okay to use?
August 8 2017 at 1:52 PM
This is the pinion gear on a Ford 3.07 pinion gear. Is the gouge on this pinion gear okay for use? I'm guessing there is no contact with the ring gear at the point of damage?
If it is okay, should it be left as is or ground smooth?
Respond to this message
no issue at all.....
- Randy on Aug 8, 2017, 3:12 PM
Re: no issue at all.....
- Tom P on Aug 8, 2017, 4:14 PM
I have 4.11's now, dork!
- paulie on Aug 8, 2017, 4:23 PM
Re: I have 4.11's now, dork!
- Bobby on Aug 8, 2017, 5:44 PM
My car would likely slow down with 4.56 or 4.57 gears as I would run out of rpm.
- paulie on Aug 8, 2017, 5:52 PM
- paulie on Aug 8, 2017, 5:42 PM
If not touching, no issue
- Ross on Aug 9, 2017, 4:37 AM
That's the question I am asking.
- paulie on Aug 9, 2017, 4:57 AM
Not a file,
- Randy on Aug 9, 2017, 11:14 AM
I was only teasing you
- Ross on Aug 9, 2017, 5:37 PM
I thought you might be making a Photobucket joke.
- paulie on Aug 9, 2017, 6:18 PM
I would not use a file
- Falcon67 on Aug 9, 2017, 7:05 AM
Yep, I would stone any burrs and run it.
- Andy on Aug 9, 2017, 8:58 PM