Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Yep

August 9 2017 at 10:00 AM
FElony  (Login FelonyFord)
Members

Response to Double....

I've been in the market for a new F150 for the last several months. I've been researching facts and opinions to that end, as I do mucho towing in the 5500-to-6500 lb trailer/car range. You know, the stuff I "adequately" tow now with a comparatively weak '05 5.4 Triton. I don't need to have my contribution to a fellow Ranchero owner's query deemed clueless by a skirt-wearing cheerleader from the Eco team who should know darn well I wasn't going to cave in to his first blood insult. Double Down is my middle name. It says so right on my Certificate of Origin.

Any way you cut it, when you're not under boost, you are tasking a 215ci six-banger with moving around a 3-ton vehicle. To get any semblance of acceleration in normal traffic, you find yourself leaning on the turbos, and that's when the mileage goes in the dumpster. You can't beat physics. This is opinion from actual owners, not something I made up. Plus, the 3.5 sounds like poopy compared to the 5.0.

Now, Kenny, stifle your perpetually whining trap and go work on your FE. Oh...wait.
====

Respond to this message