Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

From what I understand

August 9 2017 at 5:45 PM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to Good wake up call ( for me)

The property owner needs specified coverage and quality coverage may be contingent upon the vehicle owner's participation in the policy. If he's a real dealer, it's not as treacherous as it can be but full coverage may still not be automatic. The property owner has to be specifically insured as a consignment dealer, which is different than the property owner buying vehicles to resell. High $$zoot collector cars are also much different to insure than a 1998 Ford Probe with only 200K miles...

Full documentation of actual vehicle condition and proper up-to-date appraisal, one that will satisfy the vehicle owner's insurance company and the property owner's insurance company, is wise on the owner's part. Otherwise, you'll be lucky to get anything other than an arbitrary book valuation if the bad things happen.

A close acquaintance specifically refuses to take anything into the shop to sell on consignment for exactly these reasons. It's not worth the headaches or risks, whether it's a scratch/dent/broken light or a total loss of some kind. To be smart, the property owner needs to document the vehicle as completely upon arrival as the seller does when they leave it. Lots of dead end folks, at least around here, looking for a free new paint job to help sell their "stuff"....

Ask lots of questions before bad things happen. jmho.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses