Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Long overdue topic

August 10 2017 at 1:13 PM
Ray Bischoff (248) 867-35 Two Two  (Login Mercougar67)
Members

Response to Re: 3 x registries

The existence of a 427 Medium Riser Registry is overdue. I'll provide a bit of history to my prior comment in hopes of keeping this positive and constructive. I was trying to answer Jay's question about the existence of a Registry.

I January of this year, Corey and I spoke of a Registry. I provided him with outline documents and insight of the Cougar GTE Registry in hopes of advancing the cause. This came after he acknowledged he bought "the information" from Randy regarding known facts, pictures and Marti reports of the 1967 R & W code Fairlanes. Prior to Corey buying "the information" I expressed an interest in "the information" in hopes of starting a Registry. I bailed from the transaction after learning I would only be sold copies, not originals, of "the information". I am not calling Randy any names nor do I want his name disparaged. I want to count him among my friends. I have found him to be among the most knowing and caring for these cars of all the people I have witnessed. Randy's input into developing a Registry will be paramount. I do ask that he review his notes and records of our emails, conversations and exchanged pictures and retract his statement(above) that I have spread false information. My digital records, notes and pictures still exist.

The conversation I had with Corey confirmed he would be starting a Registry after he could develop an on-line presence. I'm good with this and offer my support. I have a passion for these cars and would like their history to be documented and remembered.

My belief is that a Registry should be made available to people in the community not for profit, but for the advancement of the cars and their contribution to the muscle car era.

I have given a good deal of thought to the idea of this registry. I would like to be a part of the solution. This sort of thing only works if there is utmost honesty and integrity in it's operation. Your thoughts?

Respond to this message