Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Re: M/E Wagner plumbing

October 2 2017 at 10:23 AM
jgkurz  (Login jgkurz)
Members

Response to M/E Wagner plumbing

Nice engine JB! Is that a Fairlane engine compartment?

The folks at Wagner really put some thought into their adjustable PCV setup so I wanted to give it a try. The engineering behind it is sound. At some point I will probably add an oil separator between the PCV and vacuum. Both my QF carbs were tapped for a vacuum fitting in the rear of the base plate. Obviously our carbs are backwards on the manifold so the ports face forward. I added the 3/8 barbed fitting then plumbed -6AN to the PCV valve. I believe PCV's work best when connected to the carb base plate rather than the manifold vacuum port at the back of our manifold. I tapped both carbs and so the vacuum draw was equal to all cylinders. Maybe none of this mattered but in theory it made sense to me. I also didn't want to tap directly into a runner due to the A/F change that might occur to an individual cylinder.

Some 427 folks don't run a PCV which is fine. I think that's called the road draft style. I prefer a PCV because it should keep the oil cleaner and add a tiny bit of pan vacuum to seal the rings better.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• I understand the theory about the accumulation of the vapors - 6667fan on Oct 2, 2017, 5:39 PM
  •