Return to Index
Had many visits to his old shop in Charlotte. Changed my thinking. n/m
October 3 2017 at 5:21 AM
Robert Yates passed away :( n/m
Respond to this message
What amazed me on his Cx series heads was how he could stand the valves up onthe side axis
- Bill Ballinger on Oct 3, 2017, 5:27 AM
Neil Bonnet used to say that he liked the straightaway handling of a Yates engine.
- Gary Blair on Oct 3, 2017, 7:45 AM
No doubt! I would loved to have known him, studying one of his heads at a sale you learn
- Bill Ballinger on Oct 3, 2017, 10:17 AM
- Tom P on Oct 3, 2017, 10:17 AM
He grew up on tunnel ports at ...
- Randy on Oct 3, 2017, 11:58 AM
Follow the link Cool story about Robert and Junior and rod bolts
- Gary Blair on Oct 3, 2017, 12:05 PM
I always wanted to build a big cid Windsor engine with those heads, like maybe 460 cid....
- Mike U. on Oct 3, 2017, 3:43 PM
- Tom P on Oct 3, 2017, 9:39 PM
Interesting thoughts. Another secret to that Yates performance? n/m
- Gary Blair on Oct 4, 2017, 6:56 AM