Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

 Return to Index  

Border information

October 3 2017 at 6:46 PM
Anonymous  (Login 2ndgear)

Response to Buying a car from Canada

Hi Blake
Two years ago I bought a 1979 low rider Harley from my cousin in Canada.He called the border and asked what we had to do to get the bike back into the states. They told him that the seller and the buyer had to meet at the border with the bike and with a clear title. So I went to international falls and met up with my cousin. Then we met with the border guard and he looked at the title and made sure it was clear and then at the bill of sales to me. Then he stamped the title with some other paper work to be used for when you apply for the title in the states. That was how it worked at that border crossing. The border guard said we did it the right way by calling and checking first. He see a lot of cars,trucks,snowmobiles,bikes,ect. go to the states. Sooner then later that piece of equipment what ever it is. is back at the border and the buyer is madder then hell. because he could not get a title in the states because he did not have the border guard stamp of approval on that special piece of paper. So now to get the paper work needed to get a title in the states. You will have to go back to the last port of entry to get every thing you need for a U.S. title. Sorry so long hopes this helps and do it right the first time. It will save you time in the long run.


 Respond to this message   

  • THANKS - BAKE on Oct 3, 2017, 8:22 PM