Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Playing word games

October 4 2017 at 6:18 AM

Button  (Login cliffrod)
Members

Response to Re: typo n/m

Someone close to me earned a BS in Theology specifically to be able to argue more effectively as an atheist. so I've heard an unending boatload of garbage from him for decades.

Anarchy is defined as a state with no rules. That means it is the new state. Anarchy is also a total rebellion against a govt or rules, which also becomes the new state. When the new lack of rules becomes the standard, these are the new rules. So the only way to rebel against the "no rules" system is to make rules so you can be a true rebel. That is the unavoidable fallacy of anarchy.

There is a significant component of true Anarchist (political party & method, not the punk rocker pseudo-genre that just likes to make up the rules as they go along) movements in the early USA heritage of my work in granite. In fact, Master Sculptor Carlo Abate drew the masthead artwork for Cronaca Sovversiva, an anarchist weekly back in the early 1900's. The movement fizzled out fairly quickly, just like other utopian pursuits that require a system to exploit while simultaneously claiming they need nothing from anyone else. Johnny Rotten doesn't care what anybody thinks and doesn't follow any rules, but he has been dyeing and hair spraying his 'do the same way for about 40 years now.....

Jesus Christ did not teach His followers to rebel against authority simply for the sake of rebelling, which is the primary tenet of anarchy. Their rebellion was and is to be against sin, this material world, false idols and false teachers as a prelude to following Him.

We are all sinners by nature and by choice. Although there will be a time when every knee will bow, no one is forced to accept the forgiveness that He freely offers. Each of us is free to accept Christ, rebel, play word games and do whatever you like.

Have a nice day.
1967 Galaxie 500 Red original Q code 428
1967 Galaxie 500 White with Black stripes 428PI clone- car is dead & long gone, sold near Oak Ridge TN 2000, would love to find it.....
Please visit http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/ for pictures, information and video links to my work.

Respond to this message   
Responses