Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

27 Years

October 4 2017 at 6:54 PM
Robert  (Login machyoung)
Members

Could write a novel, but don't want to bore anyone. 27 years ago, I took a 390 and C6 out of my 68 Torino and sent the car off to get painted. Well, you guessed it, today I fired her up for the first time since. No interior yet besides a passenger seat and dash. Motor is a .030 over 428 (purchased from Ron at FPP over 25 years ago. More recently one of Barry's Prison Break kits. 4.25 Scat crank, Diamond pistons, etc. Edelbrock heads, Performer RPM intake, Comp 270S, Pump Builders valve train, Faron worked dizzy, FPA headers, etc. etc. etc. Has a Tremec TKO and hydraulic clutch set-up. Broke in the cam with Brad Penn oil, set-up the static timing using Kevin66's post from 10 years ago. Broke in the cam with few issues; a small oil leak at the sending unit, a leak in the clutch hydraulic's, had to start from the solenoid as the key is not operating. Few problems from a car that hasn't run in 27 years. What I would like say is thanks to all for answering my silly questions and mostly for leading me in the right direction. I couldn't have have done it without you! I'll post some photos soon. Thanks again, Robert

Respond to this message   
Responses