Login  /  Register  
  Home  -  Forum  -  Classifieds  -  Photos  -  Links     

Return to Index  

Re: results are getting harder to find every year

October 5 2017 at 11:08 AM

doug smith  (Login cjshaker)
Members

Response to results are getting harder to find every year

Kaase's engine did make 763 hp. I forget exactly what the peak torque was, something like 700? Even those numbers are deceptive though, because the torque number never budged from the start of the pull at 3500 until it began to drop at about 6000 rpm!! It had a 460 crank in it, the heads were slightly offset with offset threaded inserts in the block deck using 7/16 head studs to clear the head bolt holes. The "chambers" were made of solid bronze, a chunk that he bought off of Amazon. He said the sunken chamber idea came from a prototype factory Windsor head that he saw over 40 years ago, while working for Dyno Don. It used a T&D FE rocker system that he made his own stands for.

I posted some pictures of Kaase's engine on Jay's site. Check them out. He never ceases to amaze me with his vision and abstract thinking! Can't raise the port roof? No problem, just raise the head. Can't use deck plates and raise the chamber? No problem, just sink the chamber into a 1 1/2" head "gasket". Kaase teaches you that it's not what the rules say, it's what they DON'T say!

Rumor has it that this was probably going to be the last year for the EMC. Apparently Hot Rod sold the company or rights to it (something like that) to a well known TV channel network, so that's probably why info was so scarce this year. That's a real bummer. Apparently this network was trying to figure out a way to make it a "reality TV" show, but that it was not working out. Wouldn't matter if it did, it would ruin the whole event.

Respond to this message   
Responses